Powered by Blogger.

Chalk Board Message Center

With 4 kids
in 3 different schools
in 3 different school districts
Things get CRAZY!

Case in point-
Last Thursday Avery didn't get off the bus from school.
Avery loves routine, structure, and he is SUPER responsible. Really, he makes me look like a super flake. So within about 30 minutes I started to panic and called B at work. Where could he be? He would never go to  friends without asking first. How bad of a parent am I when I loose the responsible child?

B says "He might have maybe said something about a band thing after school some day but I don't know what day."

It was true.
A band thing, which wasn't communicated effectively. I found him.

Cue the message board!
Write it down or it doesn't exist!

I decided to make my own.
One trip to Goodwill scored this:

-Big frame
-Nice color
-$5

Problem? The lovely photo and glass are secured in place with nails. Nails that I don't want to pry out and risk ruining the frame.

Off to Menards I go for this:
I decided that I would just tape off the frame and cover it in newspaper, and the primer the glass.
It worked.
I followed the directions on the chalkboard paint and 3 coats later it worked wonderfully.

We had this space
At the foot of the stairs its a pretty odd shaped spaced with a little "nook" in the wall. We have previously used this little cut out as a naughty corner/time out spot, but these days are getting few and far between.


This is now pretty centrally located in the dining room where we can all see it.

But it needed more.


Added some rough cut shelves, and some organization for school work and we're getting there.

I'm still brainstorming ideas for under the chalkboard.

Hopefully this will help our crazy scheduling issues for now.

0 comments: